Navigation

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

stripes + leopard





top: Isabel Marant Etoile, Yony metallic top, get it here or here
skirt: IRO
jacket: ICB 
coat: Daniel Hechter
shoes: Isabel Marant Mony
belt: Zara
bag: Givenchy Pandora
scarf: inspired version from ioffer

I finally got to get a picture of this IM yony top which I got on the second marked down from NAP for $162 and it's $159 @ Barneys. It's so versatile which goes with almost everything in my closet. The fact that it has some metallic in the fabric makes it very chic in an understating way....I wore it to a party with leather pants. This top is cut quite small, I am usually a size 2 and I got it in a size 2 (FR sizing). I tried the size 1 which was quite tight on me, so I would recommend to size up.
This fur (on body only) jacket I got over 10 years ago for about $250 is still warm and stylish, no piling on the sleeves. I had it cleaned once and the store told me it's very hard to do so since the whole thing is not fur but partial and it took me almost a month to get it back. I actually saw something very similar at Barneys Coop at Soho but I couldn't find it online.
Lastly, this inspired (faked) leopard scarf....hopefully I didn't offend anyone. I think the original was very expensive and I couldn't bring myself to buy the real thing at the time (I finally bought a real one last winter) so I decided to buy 2 from ioffer. And actually I bought two more from a store on Amazon in two different colorways and they both were not as great as the original scarf. The one from the ioffer hangs better, because it has to do with the blend, the fringe is quite awful and the worst part is the logo, I wish it's without the logo and the leopard prints only. The one from Amazon has better fringe but I do not like the fabric blend, it just doesn't hang right...i found a nice one on NAP...check it out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...